We wish we were able to welcome you to the Festival in person,
but there are still four ways for you to get involved:
- enter the Hymn Tune Competition
- participate in the Masterclass with Rachel Laurin
- be featured as part of the Cross-Canada Roundup
- submit new anthems to be performed at the Anthem Reading Session
Scroll down for more information on each event. You can also chat at the end of each day with fellow organists in the informal Zoom socials.
Hymn Tune Competition
Here is your first chance to strut your stuff as a composer! The Hymn Tune Competition has a prize of $100, and is open to all RCCO members. The rules are very simple. Send us your setting of the specially commissioned text, written by Hamilton Centre member Paul Chappel. Registrants will have the opportunity to hear, and sing along with, the three finalists which have been selected by a jury. The winning entry will be voted on during a live Zoom session. The deadline for entries is July 5th. Click on the links below for the guidelines and the text.
Masterclass with Rachel Laurin
We can accept up to three applicants for the Masterclass. We are looking for music of at least the Colleague level or above, though the piece chosen should not be longer than 5 minutes. This is your chance for a music lesson with one of Canada’s outstanding composers, performers, and mentors. If you are interested, send a note to email@example.com, no later than May 25th.
Cliquez içi pour la version française
Organistes d’un océan à l’autre
Nous voulons metre en valeur des organistes de tout le Canada. Nous voulons savoir comment s’est fait votre premier contact avec l’orgue à l’aide dune course vidéo qui sera présentée pendant le festival d’orgue 2021.
- ouvert aux membres du RCCO/CRCO
- la video doit être de cinq minutes ou moins
- faite en format entrevue (sans jouer)
- contactez nous à firstname.lastname@example.org si vous êtes interessée
- nous vous enverrons l’information et un guide indiquant comment faire la vidéo
La date buttoir pour les vidéos est le 5 juillet.
Partagez votre histoire!
We would like to feature organists from across Canada, sharing stories about how you came to discover and love the organ. We are seeking spoken videos of 5 minutes or less, to be featured during Organ Festival Canada: Hamilton 2021.
Was it a piece of music that drew you to the organ? A mentor or teacher who encouraged you? An artist who inspired you? An instrument that you really enjoy playing?
• open to any RCCO member
• your video must be 5 minutes or less, of speech only (no playing)
• let us know of your interest in sharing your story by emailing email@example.com by June 5th
• as soon as we know of your interest, we will send you tips for creating and sending your video
The deadline for receipt of completed videos is July 5th.
Tell us your story!
Anthem Reading Session
We are looking for new anthems for any level of choir, either unpublished or self-published. Pieces will be selected from your submissions by Shawn Grenke and Alison Clark, both very experienced musicians. The selected pieces will be performed, at least in part, by a small group of professional singers. If you have some pieces that you would like to be considered for inclusion, please send an expression of interest email by May 15th, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond with further details.